This poem is about my mothers home town, La Ruana. The first part of this are fun memories I had when I was last there. I hope you enjoy this poem, It Was Fun:

6 years old

Love and fun

That small little town

Carried so much fun

You didn’t need a phone or a TV

The fun was everywhere and anywhere you can see

I remember

Splash Splash

Oh, the waterpark

And being with family

It was fun

9 years old

“We can’t go there anytime soon”

My mom said

“It’s too dangerous to go and visit”

She’d tell me the horrible stories

Of all the violence and horror

It would scare me

I’d be scared for my family

And pray that they’re okey

Then I started to wonder

If the the death was worth it

If the violence was worth it

And I wondered

Why their actions went by without any punishments

Why are they so violent?

All these questions with no answers

I didn’t understand

But I do understand that sooner or later

One day

I will be with my family again

And I will be able to go visit

And have fun again

Hopefully,

Like the good old days

CC BY-SA 4.0 It Was Fun by Kassandra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Teresa 18 hours ago

Dear Kassandra,
    I am very touched by your poem because it made me realize to not take the little things for granted. I felt very sad about how you explain violence takes away from you visiting your mother’s hometown because violence is a very powerful feeling that has severe consequences. One part of your poem that stands out for rme is where wrote “one day I will be with my family again”. I think that this is very vital because it shows hope in your writing. Even though many people are suffering, people shouldn’t give up. Thanks for writing this wonderful poem. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the poem made me understand a lot of about world problems.

2. Katelyn 6 days ago

Dear Kassandra,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was ” The fun was everywhere and anywhere you can see” because it was a very uplifting line .

A connection I made to your poem is being with my family and having fun.

Your poem also reminded me of going to visit my family that live in a different place .

Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Katelyn