My poem is about love and how it doesn’t always end as a happy ending. I feel like some people go through these type of heartbroken days. I just wanted to take my time and write about  this because I went through this same exact thing and I just wanted people to know how it felt. I really appreciate any comments that are left under my poem. Thank you!

Unexpected love

At unexpected times

I looked at you and I thought you were mine

I looked at your pupil the size of a dime

Tryna make you mine but there was no time

My phone is still silent my heart is not thriving

Ding*

4:39pm

My smile has brightened

“Hey!”

My mind is all scattered

But what is the matter

Should I reply back or should I reject it

4:43pm

“Hey!” I say

Do I regret it or do I applaud it

My heartbeat is racing like the pictures I’m taking

Of us being together but it’s limitating

4:46pm

Typing.. Typing..

4:47pm

typing.. Typing..

My anxiety is growing

4:48

Ding

“Tell me about yourself I wanna get to know you”

4:49pm

“My life hasn’t been the best. Anxiety has been getting worse. I feel like I’m not enough.”

Delete delete delete…

“Great. Life has been amazing”

5:00pm

“Good to hear that!”

5:02

“What you been up to”

Typing..typing

5:03

“Nothing much just talking to an amazing person which is you”

5:05

I don’t know what to say

Is love really for me?

I don’t see the love in me

Thoughts start to flutter inside my head

Seen

Honestly what’s love?

Is it sharing your happiness with someone?

Is it sharing smiles with one another?

Is it being yourself around someone who loves you for you?

Or

Is it getting hurt at the end by the person you thought you would end up with?

Let me try

Let me try

Loving someone even if I don’t love myself

Let me try

Making someone happy even when i’m not happy with my own life

Hope I don’t regret this

Falling in love is like a Ferris wheel it’s going all good until it stops in the middle you don’t know what’s wrong but you gotta stay strong

We shared laughs

Smiles

We weren’t perfect but we were close enough

We helped each other

Even if we didn’t give each other good advice

It was about us but I don’t know what changed that

Sunday September 2nd 11:57 pm

Typing.. Typing..

Monday September 3rd 12:01 am

“Look uh I’m sorry. I’m sorry for pretending like I loved you when I never did. Sorry for everything. I hope we can still be friends. I don’t want things to be awkward between us 2. I’m sorry for everything….. I truly am”

12:05 am

I loved you. I cared for you. I tried making you the happiest even when I didn’t make myself happy. I tried loving you when I didn’t know my own worth. I tried everything to keep you in my life. Maybe… maybe I just wasn’t enough for you but I understand things happen for a reason and “we” weren’t meant. I hope you know how much you made me happy even when it was hard for me to see happiness. I hope you know you were my best friend. And I hope I made you happy. I Hope I made you smile in those days were you would text me “I’m not feeling good I’m not in the right state of mind”. I didn’t give the best advice when you told me you broke up with your girlfriend but I was there. Even if we’re not together I just want to let you know that you will always have a space in my heart and I will always be there for you”

We shared laughs

Smiles

We helped each other

Open hearts and open minds don’t always lead to a happy ending

I fell to fast

Fell to fast for him

He did too

Personalities are a no looks are a yes

I guess I just looked at your beauty but never at who you were

I was another game of checkers and you played me

CC BY-SA 4.0 Unexpected by Imelda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kelly 9 months ago

Dear Imelda,

I think your poem is amazing and very detailed. One part I like is that you put ¨typing¨ to make it seem like someone was actually typing. I like that your poem is relatable. ¨Falling in love is like a Ferris wheel it’s going all good until it stops in the middle you don’t know what’s wrong but you gotta stay strong¨, is one of my favorite lines from your poem because it totally relates to the struggles of love. You should keep writing and keep expressing your feelings because I think you will do great.

Sincerely, Kelly

2. Maria 10 months ago

Dear Imelda, I just love the fact that you wrote the poem about the one person although he hurt you alot and it speaks a lot to me. I like how you added a lot of details like sounds the time and how you will feel about talking to him. The line that i really like of your poem was “Falling in love is like a Ferris wheel it’s going all good until it stops” because i could imagine in my head what’s happening. I hope you find someones that loves you like you could love someone because you deserve it, you a great person.

3. Irvin Padron-Vargas 10 months ago

Imelda

I love your poem because it has times and sounds of typing and that is a great detail you have added and the way your poem was written was amazing i really enjoyed reading your poem. Your poem feels real and i like the way you ended the poem. You are a great writer and hope to see more of your amazing poems.
    Irvin

4. Tania 10 months ago

Dear Imelda,
    I really love your poem. I think many people can relate to your poem. I think your claim about how love doesn’t always end up being happy is really good and understandable. I really the part when you say,”Falling in love is like a Ferris wheel it’s going all good until it stops in the middle you don’t know what’s wrong but you gotta be strong”. This line stood out to me because of the simile you used and because you say you gotta stay strong. Overall your poem was so amazing, I hope you write more in the future because you are a really good writer.
    -Tania

5. Paxton Lyman 10 months ago

Dear Imelda,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was “I looked at you and I thought you were mine
    Tryna make you mine but there was no time ”
    ,because of the use of rhyming combined with your feelings.

A connection I made to your poem is the feeling of finding out about someone not actually caring for you.
    Your poem also reminded me of happiness that can happen when someone does love you and care for you.

Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Paxton