This poem talks about the topic of love and how it’s like to be in love. The poem connects love to Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Love is amazing but can have obstacles which is what my poem describes. Im looking forward to your feedback and comments.

The Good and The Bad

By:Kelly Iraheta

Love is a rose

Beautiful and bright

The thorns can’t stop you from loving love

Their love bloomed like the flowers in the spring

Couldn’t contain all the happiness it brings

“Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo”

Hate become love, so they bought wedding rings

“She wears wings that shine with golden light”

His heart danced whenever he saw her

Her looks so heavenly

So in love it cause a blur

Love has power and it holds a master key

Unlocks hurt

Unlocks fear

Unlocks sadness

Unlocks tears

Tears of sadness

Higher class and lower class

Two separate worlds in the course of love

No time

No time

No time to stop the tragedies from happening

Love so powerful

It was eye opening

Love grew into a tragedy

But the ultimate tragedy was their agony.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Good and The Bad by Kelly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Imelda 7 months ago

Dear Kelly,
    Your poem is beautiful. I really likes your last line “But the ultimate tragedy was their agony”. That last line was powerful and it rhymed. Looks like you put two topics in and made it all one. I also liked how you used exact lines from the book/film of R&J. Your use of metaphors is really strong and good. Overall your poem is very detailed and it has an amazing meaning to it!
    Imelda :))

Kelly 6 months ago

Thank you for reading my Poem! I also read you poem and thought yours was amazing too! One question I have for you is, what would you add to this poem? what can I work on?

2. Beatriz 7 months ago

Dear Kelly, I am very thrilled to have read your poem because it really showed us the connection to Romeo and Juliet’s love story. I liked how the similes you used especially “she wears wings that shine with golden light”, the reason why I liked it is because you can actually imagine Juliet being like that since she was very happy to be with Romeo. Thank you very much for sharing your poem and I look forward to reading other work you publish.

Beatriz

3. Kayla 7 months ago

Dear Kelly,
    I would like to start off by saying I love how you cite lines from Romeo and Juliet. One of my favorite lines in your poem would have to be “She wears wings that shine with golden light”, this would have to be my favorite line because one you pulled it from the book to show how it connects to Romeo and Juliet. But it also shows that you know how to connect two things and add different styles to your poem.
    Kayla

4. Mikayla 8 months ago

Dear Kelly

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was “Love grew into a tragedy

But the ultimate tragedy was their agony.” because it really described most of the relationships i’ve witnessed.

A connection I made to your poem is how committed some people are because that one person in a relationship might be the only person they have.

Your poem also reminded me of a beautiful description of a love movie.

Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Mikayla