Hi my name is Wendy and I am a 9th grader. In class we read Romeo and Juliet and we had to talk about a topic that was relevant in the book connecting to the real world. I talked about how love is a misconception because of everything people are willing to do for love. Hopefully you can leave a few comments to help with my writing thank you.

Love is a Misconception

Don’t you love someone so much?

Despite everything,

You love them even when you were hurt badly.

After the hard times,

The white rose turned black.

Being in love made my heart cold as ice.

I remember all the dark nights with no moonlight,

Despite the long nights,

seeing you

brought the sunrise.

I got no love

I tried to be perfect,

but like the prettiest roses in the fields,

I got cut off.

“My love for you, is like a rose, it never dies, it only grows”

We fall in love and get used,

Like the roses you have in your counter

until they rot and they crumble.

All I wanted,

was a real hug,

To feel comfort and safe.

All I wanted,

Was someone to be by my side.

“Broken hearts,

Broken trust,

And

Broken dreams.”

I kept everything encapsulated for too long,

I exploded!

Having the rainfall drown me and as it dried up taking all the feelings away.

In a world that is so fake I just needed something to feel,

real.

Without you,

I wouldn’t be here.

Trapped in my mind I would feel pain when in love.

I wouldn’t be me without you,

I always cared for people,

who didn’t care about me,

So don’t give up on me,

Don’t rip my heart right out,

Or

I might disappear.

But if I do,

In the endless forest I will find myself,

After a dangerous storm

The light will shine the clear path,

and help the flowers blossom.

And like the flowers

our broken hearts will blossom together.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Spoken Word Poem by Wendy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Matthew 4 days ago

dear Wendy,
    i really love the way your poem was made i think it was really beautiful and one of kind and the whole messedge was really good the way you worded everything made me feel like you had put a lot of effort into your poem keep up the good work❤❤

2. Bryan 4 days ago

Dear, Wendy
    Thanks for sharing your poem I thought it was a very good poem. A line that stood out to me was when you said, “Don’t you love someone so much? Despite everything. You love them even when you are hurt badly”. That line stood out to me because I feel like that’s so true. Overall your poem was good and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your poem.
    Sincerely, Bryan Moreno

3. Judith 5 days ago

Dear Wendy,
    Your poem was amazing. I loved your metaphors of flowers because it just made your writing sound so beautiful. It shows how love can be a great thing but also has its consequences. You did a good job on connecting the topic of love to your life. My favorite lines were in your ending where you wrote,
    “And like the flowers
    our broken hearts will blossom together”
    Because it made your poem end with a bang! The imagery of hearts “blossoming” like flowers is fantabulous.
    Thanks for sharing your poem!

4. Naomi 1 week ago

Dear Wendy, thank you for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was, ¨Don’t you love someone so much? Despite everything, You love them even when you were hurt badly.¨ This was interesting to me because it shows the Drama Between Romeo and Juliet, how you could love someone and hate them at the same time. I think you worded everything beautifully, with tons metaphors to add poetic value. Thank you so much for writing and I’m looking forward to reading your next post.
    -Naomi