Love

Love- an intense feeling of deep affection
According to google love is just a feeling,
To me love is, unexplainable,
It is something words can’t describe,
Love, It is lucky to be found like the treasure that is hidden underground where X marks the spot only to find that the X is nowhere to be found
It is something not everyone finds,
It is a privilege we often take for granted,
Now a days we throw “I love you’s” like it doesn’t mean anything
Unlike Romeo and Juliet, they treasured every moment they had together like there’s no tomorrow,
It is something Romeo and Juliet were lucky to have found,
But it is something Romeo and Juliet didn’t take for granted,
They loved each other until death parted them,  
Which is more than some people can say,
Some people get a second chance at Love ,
Some people don’t,
Some people give love about a hundred tries,
Some people just give up 

I wrote a poem that connects to Romeo and Juliet. It connects to Romeo and Juliet because it discusses love

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love by Ariana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ivy Delgadillo 17 hours ago

Hey Ariana,
    I love how you write your poetry! Infact, my favorite part of your poem was ”Now a days we throw “I love you’s” like it doesn’t mean anything”. I love it because it shows how real love is hard to find, and that what Romeo and Juliet had was real. And I also like how you keep repeating the words “some people” that way you can tell the difference between “love” now and in a story. I really like your poem, and I look forward to seeing what else you upload :)))

2. Hanna 6 days ago

Dear Ariana
    Thank you so much for sharing your poetry, it was really good! My favorite line was “Love, it is lucky to be found like the treasure that is hidden underground where the X marks the spot only to find that X is nowhere to be found” I liked this line because it is a great metaphor for how rare and hard it is to find true love. A second line that was very powerful to me was “It is a privilege we often take for granted, now a days we throw “I love you’s” like it doesn’t mean anything “ I liked this line a lot because saying I love you should mean something when you say it. Some people take it for granted when it should be cherished. This poem reminded me of the quote “ It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are” by Roy E. Disney. It reminded me of this quote because Romeo and Juliet felt true love for each other, that’s why when Juliet saw that Romeo was dead she made the decision to kill herself too. Thank you for sharing your poem with me and I look forward to reading your next post!
    -Hanna