Hi my name is kalani and this is my poem, this poem don’t really have a topic bc its kinda all over the place but I hope you would still be able to understand. ok well hope you enjoy

Growing up different is hard.

Me black and beautiful

Get oppressed by the monster named society

Oppression dance around people of lower classes

Royalty sings in the ears of people with fame and fortune

Police brutality was caused by my gorgeous

Succulent skin tone

They are afraid

Love is pain

Love is beautiful

Love is love

Our parents tell us

´´dont do drugs´´

¨drugs will ruin your life´´

And I completely agree but love is the most fucked up drug of them all

It leaves you stranded

Full of sadness and guilt

While love go find another victim to torment

Love dance around lovers hearts like doves in the sky

Love leaves lovers blinded with happiness and love at first sight

Thats where romeo and juliet messed up

So blind they don’t know each others backgrounds

Pain is like acid rain on these two star crossed lovers love it kills slowly

The family are like bullets dancing through the air

On their own beat.

hate songs are louder than love songs

Cut through the young lover hearts.

When u think about it

Love and growing up sometimes

Have to come to a close.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love is tragic by Kalani is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Judith 2 days ago

Dear Kalani,
    I love how your poem talked about the topics of love, violence, pain, and drugs because it shows how they constantly intertwine. You did a good job on connecting how Romeo and Juliet see love and how you see it. I am confident many will find it relatable. The line that stood out to me right away and made me think the most is, “The family are like bullets dancing through the air. On their own beat”. It emphasized the harm or impact that families might have on youth like bullets do. I also liked how you used personification and put “bullets dancing” because it makes it sound more beautiful. Thanks for sharing your poem!

2. matteo small 6 days ago

Dear Kalani,
    Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. One line that stood out to me was
    “Drugs will ruin your life, and I completely agree but love is the most Fucked up drug of them all.” because it is true, during almost every breakup you feel sad and depressed. A connection I made to your poem was how the police only are brutal to the people of color. Your poem reminds me of how the police attack lower income communities.
    Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.