This poem is like Romeo and Juliet because it discusses love. But, it talking about 2018 in different times. I hope you enjoy my poem. 

Love can be beautiful

Love can be ugly

2 young teens

born in different “worlds”

One is living a good wealthy life

While the other is living a sad poor life

The rich wealthy people don’t like the poor people

But then one day the girl came down from the hills wandering down to the town

Found a local liquor store

She met a boy

It was love at first sight for both of them

But the girl had to go

The boy was thinking of her the whole day

Hoping to see her again

The girl was in her nice decorated room

Daydreaming of the boy she saw last time

Hoping to see him again

Then one day

The girl right after school

Decided to go to the same liquor store

Hoping that the boy will be there

Luckily the boy was there

They were talking

The girl was telling the boy

from where she comes from

The boy was telling the girl

From where he comes from

The young boy

Decided to shoot his shot

The girl said yes.

Just like Romeo and Juliet did

Both would do anything so they could

Be Together

Wishing they could go back to the

Moment where they fell in love

even knowing that they shouldn’t be

Because they both came from

“different” places.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love is Powerful by Victor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Bryan 7 months ago

Dear, Victor
    I like how you choose the topic Love, but what inspired you to choose love as your topic. Anyways your poem was great. A line that stood out to me was when you said, “Both would do anything so they could be together wishing they could go back to the moment where they fell in love even knowing that they shouldn’t be because they both came from “different places”. That line stood out to me because I feel like I can see that moment play out in my head. Overall your poem was good you should write more.
    Sincerely, Bryan Moreno

2. Julian 8 months ago

Dear Victor,

Thank you so much for sharing your poem, “Love is Powerful” on Youth Voices. The lines “love is beautiful” and “love can be ugly” stand out to me because they are such a strong way to start out your poem, and they give you a lot to think about. I also like how much emotion this poem brings. I feel like you really thought about how the best way to write it, and you executed it very well. Thank you for publishing your work, and I look forward to reading your next piece!

Julian