,

This poem is about love and hate and it shows how love is more powerful that hate.Also ts shows how love can give you things like life.

Love is Powerful

Hate is Powerful

The only way too put out Hate is with Love

Hate takes things

It can take our lives

Love is Powerful It gives you life

Love is not just a thing we are born with

We can’t buy true love

If you buy love it is fake

It is not true love

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love is powerful by Miguel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Flor 1 month ago

Great poem Miguel! I hope you keep writing and educating others about the importance of caring for others no matter where they came from. The world is a beautiful place and we need to care for one another. God bless you!

2. markayla 5 months ago

words are powerful in general , everything you say has a meaning.

3. Anna Merk 6 months ago

Dear Miguel

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was “you can’t buy true love” because this is true for everyone, I find this similar with friends as well, true love and friends will come to you not, by you reeling them in with materialistic items or money.
    A second line that was powerful was “the only way you can put out love is with hate” because I found this as more advice that everyone can use, when people are mad I think they want to be hateful back, but that is just doing the same thing back.
    Your poem also reminded me of advice that our current political climate could use .
    Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

-Anna

4. Gaby 6 months ago

Ingrid,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was, “The only way too put out Hate is with Love” because i 100% agree with this line. I think this message needs to be spread throughout the world. I connect to your poem because i have realized that fake love is one of the most toxic things ever. Your poem also reminded me of a Martin Luther King Jr. quote, “Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Gaby

5. Ingrid Ramirez 6 months ago

Dear Miguel,

I like your poem and how it talks about love. The quote that i really like is, “We can’t buy true love” because that is so true and i believe in that to. If a person buys love then it is basically selling their happiness. Good job on your quote.

A question I have for you is why did you write this quote? (2) What inspired you?

One suggestion I have is that , in this quote you have, “The only way too put out Hate is with Love”. The “too” is wrong because it’s supposed to be with one “o”, so it’s “to” and not “too”.

Ingrid