My poem is about being heartbroken. This connects to Romeo and Juliet because Rosaline broke Romeo’s heart.

Love Can Be Your Worst Nightmare

What people call

Love

Is just a chemical reaction.

It hits hard

But slowly fades.

I gave you my heart and

You broke it.

Gave you my love

But you stole it.

I used to love you

But not no more.

All that fake love gotta go.

She wonders why

I don’t trust nobody.

Remember, I gave you my heart and

You broke it.

I’ve been in love for too long

Why they keep doing me wrong

These days love does not exist.

You need to find somebody to love

Because Love ain’t shit

I don’t know what to feel.

Hearts been broke.

I feel numb from all this pain

You ask me if I’m alright?

And I really don’t know

Suicide has been on my mind

Thinking of ending my life tonight.

All these scars on my wrist  

All these tears trapped in my eyes.

So when I’m weak where do I go

I’m tired of hate.

I’m tired of love.

Man it’s been so damn long

Dealing with

The things I’ve felt.

Oh man

What a world the things I hear.

Yea I know I’m done with love

But I’m still learning on how to feel better.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love Can Be Your Worst Nightmare by Bryan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Victor 17 hours ago

Dear, Bryan

Thanks for sharing your poem with us, you are a Poet. A line that stood out to me was when you said “ Is just a chemical reaction it hits hard but slowly fades”. That line stood out to me because it’s expressing a lot of feeling to that line and also connecting to R+J. Your poem was very good, you can tell that you took a lot to make this poem. Thanks for sharing your poem was us keep making more. #FAX

2. Anaya 5 days ago

Dear Bryan,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was, “What people call Love, Is just a chemical reaction. It hits hard, But slowly fades.” because the very beginning of the poem you can tell exactly how Romeo feels about Love now. A connection I made to your poem is how you talked about feeling hopeless because everyone feels hopeless at some point and you told this so vividly that I could see and feel the hopelessness in his eyes. Your poem also reminded me of how some people really do give up on love and how Romeo found his Juliet(even if they died), his true love. Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Anaya