This poem is related to Romeo and Juliet and how it relates to Oakland CA. I had to Write about how Romeo and Juliet’s story relates to Oakland and had to find categories to write about. I wrote about love and hate and that is what i’ve wrote about.

Love and Hate

Love is something everyone wants

Love is like a tree it has deep roots and it grows each day

Love is like a flower that wants to bloom

Bees come and take care of it to make it healthy

Love is something you got since day one

From your parents looking at you and giving you affection

Love can hurt

Like getting shot and being treated like nothing

Hate

Hate

Hate

The word people use to express their feelings on someone

Hate can be painful and can cause big problems

Hate can kill

Hate can oppress

Hate can be solved if violence never existed

Violence can be solved if love more present

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love and Hate by Irvin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Gaby 2 weeks ago

Irvin,
    This is a very powerful poem! It is clear that the words you wrote are words from your heart. I can relate to your poem because I have experienced much hate and much love in my life. One thing that i thought about a lot while reading your poem is how love and hate are so closely connected. I think you say that very confidently though it is a confusing thought. My favorite line of this poem is, “Violence can be solved if love more present.” I think this line needs to be shared among our nation. Thank you for that.
    Gaby

2. Kenya 2 weeks ago

Dear Irvin,
    Incredible job on your poem! You’re poem is extremely touching and I honestly really enjoyed reading it. I think you did an outstanding job coming up with each line of your poem, it’s really clear that you tried really hard on this assignment. I really liked the line where you said, ” Love is like a tree it has deep roots and grows everyday”. I really like this line because it hit me because it was so accurate to my perspective on love like it keep getting stronger and grows similar to trees and I think you made a strong point!

Thank you!
    Kenya Sanchez Orozco