In Humanities we had to write a poem that of things I have seen or been through that was similar to Romeo and Juliet. This poem is me talking about what I was feeling

I wish there was answers

To stop all this violence

To be brought together

Are you blinded by the lies?

By the darkness in the skies

By lies that are told  

Have you ever thought why? Oh why?

Do you really have a reason to be violent

We taught to be rivals

This air is twisted with violence

The violence is not sliences

Violence is death

Violences is pain

That goes day by day

Im taught to love but also hate

How does that work

I’m confused

I’m trapped

By two different things

I’m taught to love but also hate

Hate is hurtful

Love is painful

I want to do the one

but it hurts me I do the other and it hurts someone else

How? How!

I’m stuck!

I’m Confused!

In in love!

I’m Trapped!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Anahi´s poem by Anahi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maria Molina Reyes 9 months ago

Dear Anahi, your poem is really nice that it relates with violence that’s happening in the community or around the world.It seems that you took your time to do this poem working on your similes. The line that I really like was “I’m taught to love but also to hate” I feel that that’s a powerful line to me bc it talks in so many ways.

2. Coralie 9 months ago

Dear Anahi,
    Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. It’s very good. Your whole poem was very powerful, but the line that stood out to me the most was “Do you really have a reason to be violent
    We taught to be rivals” because this made me think about why people are violent. I like that this poem addressed that both love and violence are painful in different ways. Thank you so much for sharing and I look forward to reading your next post.

Coralie