Hi my name is Janie and im a 9th grader at Life Academy. This poem is about how females have power and some might feel just because of what society is saying. In my poem it also explains how some females might feel about themself and I want them to just know there perfect just the way they are.

What is a female?

Is she bossed around by society?

Does she listen to every man?

Is she judged by her skin color?

Is she judged by her body type?

Some might listen to what they had to say

Some might believe that they have to reach perfection

To be seen as beautiful

They expect us to makeup to hide there natural beauty

A female is

Beautiful

Has features

No other female has

Each one has something special to show

There’s so much in a woman

nobody sees it

The values of a woman

Woman

Are

beautiful

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Female by Janie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tania 1 day ago

Dear Janie,
    Your poem is a really great poem about females and how society expects us to be. I think you explain really good that women should be themselves and should feel confident about themselves. A line that you wrote that stood out to me was,”Each one has something special to show, there’s so much in a woman, nobody sees it”. This line stood out to me because what you said is really true that everyone has something special but sometimes others don’t see. Good job on your poem, I hope you write more poems because your amazing at them-Tania

2. Maria 2 days ago

Dear Janie, I really like how you defended women power and how we are strong no matter what other people say. I feel that whoever read this will like your poem because it speaks out to me and will for others. The fact that you choose this means alot because you care about women power and how they could be seen as on a lot of ways.