The first important thing to know about is who KALIFA is.Before saying something bad about me just come ask me. I’m a good person and I respect everyone. I am an African and I was born in MALI and my mother is Malian and my father also. All my family come from Mali and I was born on 8/29/1999 in BAMAKO. That’s the capital of my country. Now I’m in the USA with my dad and my mom and brother and sister and I’ve been here for like 3 years now. I really want to be a doctor after school 2 years of college. I am really good at the Math and science i get that way is because of my dad cause he push me to study everyday after school and also he’s a Math teacher and he teach me and my brother and my sister. Like I say I want to be a doctor after 2 years of college.

The biggest way in my life changed when i immigrated is the English. I remember like 2 years ago I didn’t know how to speak English but in my other school it was one of my friends who helped me about anything that I don’t know because she speaks French and also when I go home I read the books every day. Even now my English is not perfect but I’m thinking my best that was the big part of my immigration in USA.  I gave up everything before coming here my mother is in Mali and my grandmother I already lost my grandfather and I have too many friends and I’m here with my father and aunt and sisters.

I feel bad about the languages I speak. I really don’t like French like that because is like a lot different thing in French but for me I like English more than French and also French is difficult for me. I also speak Bambara, and I understand Fulani.

The injustice I had was one day I was with my friends we went in their storage room and one of them told me to wait for him outside and so he went to sell some of his things. When he was gone, the police came and found me there. They thought I was doing bad stuff with him, so they took me into the station and called my dad. They didn’t arrest me, so I was lucky. But after that I stopped working with that guy.

Photo by John Spooner

CC BY-SA 4.0 Speaks Three, Understands Four Languages by Kalifa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.