I am a strong believer in, “what goes around comes around.”, I learned it through my experience with my ex-boyfriend.The consequences of one’s actions will have to be dealt with eventually. The way my ex-boyfriend treated me fits perfectly for this example because he treated me so poorly and I dealt with it for 3 years. After realizing that it wasn’t healthy for me I finally let go of him, forgave him and continued to live my life.

By doing that I’m showing him that I don’t care what he does with his life and focusing on myself. Now he sees I’m doing better and he’s trying to come back into my life, but I already know the ending so I ignore him. Don’t pay attention to him, don’t hear him out because when I talked he never listened, never cared for the way I felt or what I had to say. I’m pretty sure he got the point.

Treat people how you want to be treated because it will come back sooner or later.  Which is why I changed my ways, by trying to spread more love and not second guess if i should help someone or not. I know that if I ever need help and I ask someone, I would want them to do the same. And if any of my loved ones ever find themselves in some kind of pickle I wouldn’t want anyone to deny them.

But that is not the only reason why I have changed my ways, being genuinely nice to other people brings happiness to my heart. Helping someone doesn’t necessarily mean actually doing something for them, being someone’s shoulder to cry on, listening to them, helping them out with homework, simple things like that can mean a lot to that person. Regardless of the thank you I get, the positive feedback comes right away and makes my heart very happy and as long as I know that I tried that’s more than enough.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Karma by Dayana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.