When I first heard about this case on the television (in the news), my hearts broke into millions of pieces. I couldn’t believe what was going on, and in my heart, I just was wishing everything was a game and that Emely would go back home safe. This case happen on August 24, 2017 in Dominican Republic, San Francisco de Macorís.

This case is about Emely Peguero a little princess who was 16 years old and 5 months pregnant when she went out and never came back home.

Her boyfriend and the father of the baby that she was about to have was Marlon Martinez a 19 years old boy. He and his mother, Marlin Martinez were the ones who killed her. They killed her because they wanted Emely to abort the baby.

When Marlin Martinez, the mother of Marlon Martinez got the news that Emely was going to have a baby of Marlon, she didn’t want that, so she got crazy and wanted her to have an abortion. She didn’t say anything to Emely’s mother or to Emely. They went and get Emely from her house and tell her that they were going to the hospital to go see what was the sex of the baby. At the hospital, those two criminal took her and killed her and her baby. They wanted to take out her baby, but instead they killed her and the baby. After they kill her, they put her in a bag and than put her in a suitcase and throw her in so many place. They had dumped her in a landfill close by, but when they searched the site, there was no sign of her body.

https://www.mamamia.com.au/emely-peguero-murder/

In a press conference recorded on August 24, 2017, 19-year-old Marlon Martínez said he had last seen his 16-year-old girlfriend, who was five months pregnant, the previous morning.

“We’ve had problems, but problems that are common to all couples,” he said. “We accepted her pregnancy. We said we’d continue forward. … I want to now make a public announcement: Emely, no matter where you are, please, we are waiting for you with open arms.”

His mother, Marlin, sitting next to him in a black suit jacket, added, “She was already a part of us.

“She was my son’s girlfriend,” she said, before repeating, “Is the girlfriend of my son. She was five months pregnant, and when we found out, we gave her our support.”

“Wherever you are, Emely, don’t make us suffer any more.”When the footage of the press conference was shared to YouTube, commenters immediately picked up on how Martínez’s mother had spoken almost exclusively in past tense.

Suspicion started to grow, and it was justified. Because there was a sinister aspect to the story of Marlon Martínez and his missing girlfriend, Emely Peguero, that locals were particularly attuned to.

Peguero’s pregnancy wasn’t your usual teenage pregnancy. She was just 15 when she discovered she was pregnant – still three years below the age of consent in the Dominican Republic – in a country where abortion is illegal.

The Dominican Republic is one of only six countries that bans abortion in all cases.

With suspicion following him closely after the press conference, Martínez went to visit Peguero’s family home. It was here that he handed himself into police, aware that they were likely to arrest and question him over his girlfriend’s disappearance.

Still, he maintained his innocence.

Then, on August 28, police located Peguero’s phone. It was in an apartment owned by Martínez’s mother, and when that apartment was searched, police found blood on a mattress.

Two days later, Marlin Martínez turned herself into police – a move her lawyer said was simply to ‘cooperate’ with the investigation. But later that day, police would hear a stunning confession.

Marlon Martínez admitted to killing his 16-year-old girlfriend.

He told police he had dumped her in a landfill close by, but when they searched the site, there was no sign of her body.

The following day, as the community expressed their anger in protests that stopped traffic, begging to know where Peguero’s body was hidden, the victim’s older brother started to receive a series of messages on WhatsApp. His sister’s body had been found, the messages said. In a town about one hour away. That night, at 8pm, the decomposing remains of Peguero, and her unborn child, were found inside a suitcase by the side of the road.

Peguero had suffered internal bleeding, believed to be the result of an abortion attempt. She had also suffered a blunt-force blow to her head.

According to the prosecution in the ongoing court proceedings over Peguero’s death, Martínez forced his young girlfriend to drink an “unknown liquid to induce an abortion”. When it didn’t seem to work, instead of going to hospital and facing charges for assisting in an abortion – a serious criminal offence in the Dominican Republic – he killed her.

Martínez’s lawyer maintains the 19-year-old should not be found guilty of murder. Instead, he simply participated in a failed abortion attempt.

The trial for both Marlon and Marlin Martínez is due to begin on June 11. Marlon faces up to 30 years in prison, while his mother faces 20 years for her role as an accomplice.

This is a injustices because still new these Two criminal who kill that little princess and her baby haven’t get a setence for what they did. They take her life and her baby life like nothing and they need to pay for what they did. Dominican Republic need Justice for Emely Peguero this murder can’t stay like that, like if nothing happens. WE NEED JUSTICE FOR EMELY PEGUERO. Rest In Peace little Princess.

When I first heard about this case on the Television (in the news), My hearts break in million of pieces, I couldn’t believe what was going on and in my heart I just was wishing everything was a game and that Emely would go back home safe. This case happen on August 24, 2017 in Dominican Republic, San Francisco de Macorís.

Her boyfriend and the father of the baby that she was about to have was Marlon Martinez a 19 years old Boy. He and He mother Marlin Martinez was the one who kill her, they kill her because they wanted Emely to abort the baby.

When Marlin Martinez the mother of Marlon Martinez got the news that Emely was going to have a baby of Marlon she didn’t want that, so she got crazy and want her to have a abortions but she didn’t say anything to Emely mother or to Emely. They went and get Emely from her house and tell her that they was going to the hospital to go see what was the sex of the baby. There those two criminal take her and kill her and her baby. They wanted to take out her baby but instead they kill her and the baby. After they kill her they put her in a bag and than put her in a suitcase and throw her in so many place. He had dumped her in a landfill close by, but when they searched the site, there was no sign of her body.

His mother, Marlin, sitting next to him in a black suit jacket, added, “she was already a part of us”.

“She was my son’s girlfriend,” she said, before repeating, “is the girlfriend of my son. She was five months pregnant, and when we found out, we gave her our support.”

“Wherever you are, Emely, don’t make us suffer any more.”

When the footage of the press conference was shared to YouTube, commenters immediately picked up on how Martínez’s mother had spoken almost exclusively in past tense.

suspicion started to grow, and it was justified. Because there was a sinister aspect to the story of Marlon Martínez and his missing girlfriend, Emely Peguero, that locals were particularly attuned to.

Still, he maintained his innocence.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Justice for Emely Peguero by Crismeylin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.