So far, the character of Kareem by Raymond Obstfeld reminds me of something I saw. I didn’t grew up like him  but, I know people who grew up like him. When I starting reading this text reminds me of other people that I saw in Nebraska. Something that  is the same is sometimes they don’t have enough food to eat and they have to fight for their own food because they didn’t grow up like other people–they grew up in the streets. Kareem also had to fight when he was growing up.  The difference is that Kareem became famous and he write about how he grew up and what kind of tips he has to be safe every night.

Photo by InSapphoWeTrust

CC BY-SA 4.0 fighting for food on the streets by Enrique is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Gwendolyn 4 months ago

Enrique,

What a great story about your connections to the source “Kareem.” I especially liked when you shared that you knew people who lived in Nebraska like him but then talked about the differences between their lives and Kareem’s life. I would have loved to know a little bit more about how you personally connect to the text. I hope that you keep writing about people who inspire you.

Thanks!
    Gwen