Student Debt is a crippling epidemic nowadays. People just trying to compete in this newly advancing economic society are stunted by student debt. Student debt doesn’t just affect some, it affects more than you would believe. An estimated 70 percent of students graduate college with a “substantial” amount of loans. U.S. student loan debt is estimated to be $1.48 trillion in total spread over 44.2 million Americans.

By reading the three articles about college debt, I learned mainly that loans affect people in the Northeast and student loans are ultimately discouraging people from studying, what they define as, “a meaningful service”. Schools on the east coast, especially in the northeast are known for their prestige. Most ivy leagues are located in the Northeast and overall tuition is just pricer than most midwest schools. Also since the schools cost more in the northeast, many would assume that student loans are easily accessible but it is actually the opposite, yet loans still burden most students in the northeast.

Another thing that I realized was people oftentimes shy away from their passion from fear of tuition and their inevitable loans. In an article I read, many people interested in professions such as doctors and lawyers along with many others are turned away from their field of interest due to worries about their future and having to ultimately pay off student debt.

This epidemic is hindering people from living their lives to the fullest after hard work at a university that is just too overpriced. 

The articles I referenced:

https://nowcomment.com/documents/118273

https://nowcomment.com/documents/116105?scroll_to=1129650&show_comment=com_1129650#.W-MJhWhKi00

CC BY-SA 4.0 Student Loan Debt by Clara is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.