My name is Abraham and I was born in Honduras. I am 18 years old.  I live in New York. In school I like to focus doing my classwork, and when I am out of school, I like to play soccer. I am particularly good at playing soccer. I became good at this because that’s what I want to do in the future. I would like to accomplish my dream of being a professional soccer player.

I immigrated to New York four years ago. My life changed in many ways when I immigrated. The change I’m happiest about is my family because some of us had never met each other before. On the other hand, I am sad that my mom is in Honduras, missing us a lot. Now I speak English, and I feel proud of myself of being bilingual, which is a good thing to help some of my family members.

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice. This was the time when I got into trouble. I got locked up for two days, and nobody was there for me, but family.  In my opinion, family is always going to be with us forever. Friends and gangs are only going to be there when they need something. This was unjust because I thought I got people outside who could be with me when I needed them.

Photo by KkleinRN

CC BY-SA 4.0 Meeting My Family by Abraham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.