Sam Carrier
Mrs.Reed
American Lit 1st Hour
29 October 2018

The United States is an extraordinarily influential country as it was built from nothing and proceeded to acquire a military and economic system that would leave you in awe. This power was secured through the U.S citizens willingness to do whatever it takes to further the development of our country as John F Kennedy asked for when he said “My fellow Americans,ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
America has become a prosperous nation with a prestigious economic system and a strong military but did you know it is the strongest country in the world ? According to IMPROB the U.S is the strongest country in the world as a single states economy could be ranked in the top 10, “ The economy in California alone produces about $2.5 trillion. Assuming California was a country, that number would have made the California economy one of the top six in the world.”, this clearly shows that a combined economy of all fifty states would be a complete and utter super power.
War is a frequent reality in our world as enemies are plotting against the U.S constantly which is why a military is clearly necessary. This begs the question what are you willing to do for your country ? Walter dean Myers touches on this question in his novel Invasion.Here we learn about a group of soldiers who are willing to fight against the Nazi’s for the sake of our country but this war significantly exceeds expectations as they are asked to fight in Normandy. To fight for America you have to maintain a sense of patriotism, you have to believe that America is worth fighting for and if it comes to it dying for.

IMPROB, Quinn. “Top 10 Most Powerful Countries in the World 2018.” Improb, 23 July 2018, https://improb.com/top-powerful-countries-in-the-world/
Myers,Walter D.Invasion.Scholastic,2013.Hardcover

Kennedy, John F. “‘Ask Not What Your Country Can Do for You…”.” JFK Library, 1961, www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/teachers/curricular-resources/elementary-school-curricular-resources/ask-not-what-your-country-can-do-for-you.

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Power Was Obtained by Sam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.