The 2 main identity in my shadow box is being male and Yemenis. When people look at me they see, a terrorist, bomber, and stupid. Which is the dominant narrative. Many people assume that I’m going to kill them because of the way I look and because of my ethnicity. My point of view which is the counter narrative, which that I am smart,intelligent, and a caring person. My gender identity is being a male. Which is why I have chosen to include pictures of myself because it shows that I am smart and that i’m going the stereotypes which is being a cooker. Another important object is Yemenis flag because it represent who I am and my family was born there. I am a proud Yemenis and I am not afraid to speak Arabic.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Don’t Judge Me by Khalid is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jeheim 1 week ago

I can relate with this because that is racial profiling and as a black person living in the U.S. we are profiles as a nigger or killer.