Sam Carrier

Mrs. Reed

American Lit 1st Hour

4 October 2018

With America being the super power that it is, one has to wonder what got us to the point that we are at now. America has gone through countless hardships; as our ancestors have fought for it to be free. With each challenge the U.S has faced, we have endured ,overcome, and some might even say prospered. With these said challenges I believe certain values or characteristics are necessary. In my opinion, you need to have manners and faith in our country. With each of these qualities, you will have manners to show that you are polite in any and all situations. You must be faithful that we will overcome the conflict, these are all stated in the article Dorbin, Arthur. “Why Faith Is Important.” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 28 Sept. 2012, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201209/why-faith-is-important.
Manners are duly important in today’s society, as most citizens judge someone’s character based off of their manners and how they act. In my opinion, manners have a large role on how you are visualized by the world, the ruder you are the less likely someone will want to talk to you. As of right now, I am using the definition of manners as being polite and respectful. When working with other people, the best way to unify the group is by being nice and open to new ideas, as Gregory Hamel states in his article Hamel, Gregory. “How Being Polite in the Workplace Helps.” Small Business – Chron.com, Chron.com, 21 Nov. 2017, smallbusiness.chron.com/being-polite-workplace-helps-37914.html. Being nice and “easy going’ is a key factor in a productive workplace and in any type of team work.
The first step in solving a solution is having faith that the solution does exist, this is shown as whenever a challenge appears your attitude can’t be “oh it’s impossible” for that will make the resolution that much harder to find. As Dorbin stated in his article Dorbin, Arthur. “Why Faith Is Important.” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 28 Sept. 2012, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201209/why-faith-is-important we are told that faith comes from our heart when no answer is diffinitive which fully expresses what I think American values represent. Not knowing the outcome but still trying and believing is the peak of all American values and shows hard work.

Work cited

Dorbin, Arthur. “Why Faith Is Important.” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 28 Sept. 2012, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201209/why-faith-is-importan

“How Being Polite in the Workplace Helps.” Small Business – Chron.com, Chron.com, 21 Nov. 2017, smallbusiness.chron.com/being-polite-workplace-helps-37914.html

Dorbin, Arthur. “Why Faith Is Important.” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 28 Sept. 2012, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201209/why-faith-is-important.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Greatest American Values by Sam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.