The most essential american values are liberty and justice. Without a fair justice system, people will not be held accountable for their actions which is unfair and breeds resentment.  Liberty is also the most fair state for people to be in because it lets people flourish and create their own destinies. Because of these truths, Americans hold these two things dear and have since the birth of their nation. British infringement on these values caused americans to realize their importance and rebel from the British, despite the risks because freedom rang so sweet.

Evidence for these beloved principles upon which the united states was built includes the declaration of independence,  and the constitution. The declaration outlines that every man has the right to follow his dreams and that governments need consent of the governed, important parts of liberty in the Declaration of Independence (US 1776). The constitution outlines how justice should be maintained in america with the 4th 5th and 8th amendments especially, making sure that people receive fair treatment under the law, making sure the government cannot search you without a warrant, force you to testify against yourself and banning cruel and unusual punishment |Bill of rights 1780|. These documents are testaments to Americans value for liberty and justice. In Patrick Henry famous give me liberty or give me death speech it showed how much Americans value liberty. This can be seen in the New Hampshire state motto as well which is live free or die.

Citations

Give me Liberty or give me Death

Yale

Thursday, 4, October 2018

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/patrick.asp

Constitution by america

Declaration of independence

CC BY-SA 4.0 Liberty and Justice, What Americans Value Most by Aidan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ari 2 months ago

I concur with the fact that justice is the most fair state to be in but I think that could have been better worded. I like how well you reasoned your point but I was a little disappointed you did not directly quote you sources but rather summarized them. You also did very well on citing your sources and I would like to learn how you did that so well.

2. EJ 2 months ago

Hi Aidan,
    I thought that this was a very well thought up piece and I love your 2 paragraphs, one explaining the rights and then the strong evidence supporting your claim. I have noticed that you have a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes. I don’t know if this is due to rushing the project or not noticing but next time you should run a quick spell check. This was a really well written piece and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I agree with your claim.