Hello my name is Jadyn and this is my shadow box. The shadow box is used to represent my true self. It exemplifies my culture, everyday hobbies, features, and religion. To start off I am African American which is one of my assigned identities. I show pictures in my box that give a clear idea of my culture. I also needed to add my everyday hobbies because these are things that I spend most of my time on and have true talent in . My features have a big impact on my identity because my Dad’s side of the family has strong features and they go through everyone in the family. With our long legs ,pointy knees, freckles, and small moles on our lips. You can think of it as, every adult on my dads side has their own look alike. I have two aunties and two cousins; a boy and a girl that come from one of my aunties. My boy cousin looks like my dad. My girl cousin looks like my first auntie and I look like my second auntie. On my moms side we also have connections with features me, my mom , and my grandma all were born with twelve fingers and all were cut off at birth. I was born into a spiritual family we all go to church and have a strong relationship with God. I am a Christian and always want to make sure my relationship with God is strong by just talking because it doesn’t matter how much you go to church it all comes down to how strong your relationship is. This is my my shadow box and it breaks down the true me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Identity Of I by Jadyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Valerie 2 weeks ago

One sentence that stood up to me is when you were talking about your family’s features. This is because you said you all looked alike which is cool. I am learning more about you like your mom’s and dad’s side of the family which is interesting. I enjoyed your shadow box because it shows a clear description of who you are. I hope to see more work of your’s in the future.

2. Diego 2 weeks ago

Dear Jadyn,

I am amazed with the work on your box. I think that your work really reflects on what you did. I like how there’s a lot of images and color. I think that the inside of your box really shows who you are. I think that your box really represents and lets people see what you believe and who you are. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely your advice Diego

3. Anthony 2 weeks ago

I like your description of your strong connection with your family and God, Jadyn. I feel like some people seem to disconnect with there parents and God in high school and college, so its great that you’re very close to them.

4. Chris 2 weeks ago

Very interesting. I think it is very interesting that you have a strong relationship with God. I think most people in highschool are disconnected from religion, so it’s cool that you are involved.