Hey I’m Abel Acosta and I want to say a few things about me. One important thing about is that I love to play basketball. I was born on July 21, 2001. I lived for four years in New Jersey. When I come out of school, the first thing I like to do is go on my phone or play basketball with my friends. In my opinion, anything I do, I feel like I’m good at it because I don’t like throwing myself down. My plans for the future are very big because since I was little I always wanted to be a pilot or an M.L.B baseball player.

I had a little sad experience when I moved to the U.S. because I felt sad leaving the D.R. where i was born. I missed my grandma when i came. I had positive and negative changes because with my new family, we weren’t too close to each other. I didn’t know them well. One other reason it was hard when I came was that I was sad and worried because I didn’t  know how they were going to treat me. When I came to the U.S., I already knew English.

It was a little bit hard for me to make friends because I’m not good at it. I feel like some people don’t want to see you do good or do better than them. I don’t compare myself because I’m grateful with any little thing that God gives me, like everybody should be, because in this world there are people that want that opportunity that God gives you.

Photo by newyorkcitypeoples

CC BY-SA 4.0 After the Change, Big Plans by Abel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.