I am seventeen years old with big dreams, which everyone makes fun of but I don’t mind. I come from nothing, from a teen mom that lived here and there. I grew up seeing her work two jobs, she had to because by the age of twenty she had three kids. I hope to be like her family wise, which is loving, caring, always teaching us right from wrong. Yet career wise, I hope to go further. She made me realize that loving my job is everything because we will spend most of our time there. I honestly don’t know if I want to have more kids. My baby’s dad and me struggle financially, we want to give her everything she needs, not everything she wants. I don’t want her to be bratty. It is hard taking care of a baby while being a teenager, but it’s not impossible. To get to where I want to be, I am keeping in mind that, that day is almost here. Soon i will have my business running, living in Mexico and traveling the world with my family.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Where will I be in the future? by Natalie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Emma 2 months ago

Natalie, thank you for sharing your story and concerns. I am so impressed that you can handle a baby at such a young age. I am also seventeen and am in my senior year of high school. Having your whole future ahead of you is daunting- It’s scary to not know what will come after this chapter of our lives. Your story reminded me the movie “Lady Bird,” which is a coming-of-age story about a girl figuring out what will come after high school. I wish you the best of luck in your business, raising your family, and in all that you encounter in the future!

2. Branigan 2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your story Natalie. It is really impressive how you have taken ahold of your life. I also want my own business. I wonder what kind of business you are interested in starting?

3. Anthony 2 months ago

Interesting story Natalie, I am seventeen as well and that’s amazing that you can support a child at this age, what are you striving to do in your business?

4. Chris 3 months ago

Hi Natalie, I am also 17 and wondering what I am going to do with my life. I have some ideas, but at this point nothing is final. I would love to travel with my family as well. What type of business are you going to run?