https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/8749.php

I did not grow up vegetarian, but I have wanted to try it for a while now. I saw it as a bit of a challenge, but now after doing some research, I see it can be a very beneficial lifestyle.

I learned that it is not essential to eat meat in order to get all the nutrients one needs for good health. Do to the plant-based food that are available to vegetarians, this diet has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, some types of cancers and can even lead to a longer life expectancy. Only about 5% of the Earth’s population are vegetarians. Medical News Today says “Producing vegetarian food is more ecologically sustainable, and it reduces damage to the environment.” It also said that some people stop eating meat for ideological, ethical, or religious reasons.

Global Healing Center said that a vegetarian diet is “usually associated with a higher consumption of fiber, folic acid, vitamins C and E, magnesium, unsaturated fat, and countless phytochemicals. This often results in vegetarians having lower cholesterol, being thinner, having lower blood pressure, and reduced risk of heart disease.” Some potential benefits of said diet can be mood improvement, might improve symptoms of psoriasis, reduction of incident of diabetes, brings down the risk of developing cataracts, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, lower cholesterol, lower risk of having a stroke and a lower chance of obesity, less of a chance of developing kidney stones and, as I said before, you can get all of your nutritional needs met.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What are the benefits are vegetarianism? by Oakley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.