This is me

This shadow box represents women empowerment,culture, and basically who I am as a person but a dominant narrative about me is people who don’t know me may assume that I have a smart mouth,ghetto, and get in a lot of trouble but thats no where near true I’m not ghetto nor smart mouth, and I don’t really get in trouble and many people who don’t know me would think that because I live in the harsh parts of Oakland. By showing my box I’m going to be enlightening people about who I am as a person. A counter narrative about me is i’m born and raised from oakland, my ethnicity is African American, I’m a Sister ,daughter ,grandchild ,bestfriend ,student and I work hard for me education. Everything you see in this box is just a small part of me you haven’t seen it yet

CC BY-SA 4.0 This is me by Kalani is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. America 5 days ago

Dear kalani
    I love how even you are a sister, a daughter and so many other stuff you really work hard for your education. I really like how you don’t pay attention to dominant narrative and you keep doing you. Keep up with the hard work you have done and don’t let negative things put you down.