My Shadow Box

The shadow box represents my life, what I love and care about and some assigned  identities. A chosen identity that I put in my shadow box is a Soccer field. Soccer is very important to me because All my life I been playing soccer is like a second nature for me I love playing soccer. Another thing I put in my shadow box is cars because I like seeing cars or watching cars for me it’s very fun. The reason I got into it is because my dad works on cars so for me it was very fun watching my dad work on the cars. It’s something I really enjoy watching and trying to learn more about it. I chosen to put the Mexican Flag because I want people to know I am not ashamed of my Ethnicity and my nationality the reason I am proud of my Ethnicity is because not a lot of people can say they are Mexican because in this society that is a bad thing if you aren’t “American” so they won’t say if the are. That is a dominant narrative because people think if you are Mexican you aren’t going to be successful in the future.         

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Truth about Me by Victor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sarah Barker 3 months ago

I like that you talked about how much soccer means to you. It’s nice to see that it has had such a positive impact in your life, and that is is really part of who you are as a person.

2. Julissa 3 months ago

Dear Victor,
    What stood out to me most was when you said “I chose to put the Mexican Flag because I want people to know I am not ashamed of my Ethnicity and my nationality the reason I am proud of my Ethnicity is because not a lot of people can say they are Mexican because in this society that is a bad thing if you aren’t “American” so they won’t say if the are.” This stands out to me because I am also Mexican and I also agree with not being ashamed of your ethnicity! I hope you continue on with this mentality and that you continue to embrace your culture!!

3. Evelin 9 months ago

Dear Victor,
    One part of your paragraph, “The truth about me” that I like is where you take about soccer being really important to you! I like how you point out why you like cars and that your dad is the reason you are inspired on cars. A part that stood out to me is when you were talking about being Mexican, I agree that people see that being Mexican is a “bad” thing. I’m really happy that you are proud of being Mexican! Keep up the good work, hope seeing more of your hard work.

4. Kimberly 9 months ago

Dear Victor,

One sentence that you wrote that stands for me is “ Soccer is very important to me because All my life I been playing soccer is like a second nature for me I love playing soccer.” I think this is is awesome because I can see that you really love soccer if you capitalize All and state “All my life.” I hope you follow your dreams to be a soccer player and don’t give up on it! 😀