My shadow box represents me because of the items I have displayed on it. I have items that represent my chosen identities. My chosen identities are being a lifter, a runner and a scholar. The cup I added is a shaker used for pre workout or protein powders. If you know me, you’ll know that my energy drinks are my lifeblood. My bib for my half marathon represents my runner identity because it shows that I’ve ran. Another object I added was my inhaler. I added this because I’ve had a history of asthma and as a runner and I want to bring awareness to asthma and unlike the dominant narratives, it doesn’t hold me back. To represent my scholar identity, I added the Life Academy logo and my middle school promotion tickets. I have transitioned into high school and I take pride of going to Life academy.

CC BY-SA 4.0 shadowbox by Calvin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.