1. This is my shadow box. (2) Shadow box it’s a shoe box with objects that represents our identity . (3 ) My counter narrative is the blue color that is outside of the box that represents a gang , the stereotypes that almost all the people have think that all Mexicans are in gangs. (4) My counter narrative is that I am a student , I am from mexico and that’s not why i have to be in a gang , I like play soccer and I like to be with my family. (5) that objects that i put inside of my shadow box represent my identity , like I put a flag of Mexico because I was born there , I put soccer balls because I really love soccer , I put a map of Mexico marking the place where I come from “Morelia Michoacan” , and I didn’t put many pictures representing who I am because almost all of them are in my country. (6) There is a PS4 logo because I like to play in my freetime. (7)This shadow box represents my counter narrative because it shows that not all the Mexicans are in gangs and doing bad , Mexicans are like any other people.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Shadow Box by Brian Burgos Ramirez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jose 1 month ago

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name is Jose Valencia and I am a student at Fremont High School.
    Something I liked about your work was that I like the way you explained your objects and I like the objects you put on your shadow box. Keep up that good work. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future.
    Thank You!