Hook Who am I?
Background Info I like to walk around I like wearing black clothing.
Thesis Based on my life experience, I feel that the 3 parts of my identity that have affected my life the most is being male being a walker and being African American.

Paragraph 1 – male

Claim My identity is that im Male.
Dominant Narrative Because I am male, people assume that I am  tall and I am strong . People also assume that I am athletic.
Counter Narrative But, I am a little strong but not that much and I am not that athletic. It does not make me less of a man.
Conclusion In conclusion, my identity is that I am male.

Paragraph 2 – walker

Secondly, my identity is that I am a walker. People might assume that I am an athlete.People might assume that I am a outside person. People might assume that I am a person who plays a lot of sports. But, I sometimes hang out when I walk.Also when I walk I play basketball.When I walk around I like to play sports.I like to do different things when I walk. My identity is that I sometimes like to walk.

Paragraph 3- African American

Claim Another identity that I have is that I am African american. and my family is African american. and my ethnicity is from Northern California.
Dominant Narrative A dominant narrative is that my race is Black. my ethnicity is that I am from Northern California. and I am american.
Counter Narrative My counter narrative is that I am not that rich and not that poor.
Conclusion My conclusion is that I like my identity as a African-American.

Conclusion

thesis My full identity is that I like to walk around sometimes. I like to wear black clothing.
Review main points My identity is that I like to wear black clothing and I like to walk around sometimes I also like to sleep.
Final point This is my full identity. This is what I like to do. This is who I am.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My shadow box by Jai'kari is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Elysia 3 months ago

Dear Jai’kari, The characteristics in your shadowbox all make you who you are and I enjoyed how you presented each characteristic. Your first characteristic interested me with the way you described being a man doesn’t mean you have to be athletic, tall and strong. I found it interesting that you used real stereotypes of men and described yourself as no less of a man just because your not that tall and strong.
    – Elysia V. #SJSU

2. Lily 3 months ago

Dear Jai’kari,

Thank you for your beautiful prose of who you are in this shadowbox.

I really loved that you embrace who you are as an individual with an identity of being African American. I find that individuals who are confident in who they are, especially in their identity tend to blossom and strive in their future endeavors because of the confident that is instilled in you. I also enjoyed the fact that you said that just because you are male, people view you as strong and tall. Yet, you countered that and embraced that it does not make you less of a man or at least human.

I hope you continue to keep writing beautiful prose about who you are and that you are not afraid to let yourself be heard in defying the odds. 🙂

Warmly,
    LT

3. Calvin 10 months ago

Dear Jai’kari, your shadowbox interests me. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me was when you wrote that you’re not really athletic but that doesn’t make you less of a man. It stands out to me because it’s true that you don’t have to be athletic to be a man. I agree with it a lot.