My shadow box represents my dominant narratives(outside of the box) and my counter narratives(inside of box. The reason I chose what I chose on the outside was because I think that the majority of people that look at me think that I smoke weed religiously or that I’m part of a gang because of the way I dress or look. The inside of my box represents my race and my ethnicity because of the flags inside, those hold importance in my life because without them I prolly would have no idea of who I am. Some assigned identities that have a lot of importance to me is being a male because I would be really confused of what I am and would not have known what my gender sure I can show my gender identity in different ways but I wouldn’t know what being a male is like or what being a woman is like. This box is meant to show you what society thinks of me to try and bring me down and what I think of myself to counteract how I actually am.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Matthew Shadow Box by Matthew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Socorro 1 month ago

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name is Socorro Lopez and I am a student at Fremont High School.
    Something I liked about your work was the way that you expressed yourself in your pictures and the pictures really stand out on your shadow box.
    Something that I think would make your shadow box better is more decorations that stand out with your pictures otherwise you did a good job with your shadow box.Please feel free to comment on my work in the future. The address of my student blog is http://socorrolfhs2022.edublogs.org/2018/11/06/assignment-3-the-identity-shadow-box/
    Thank You!

2. Robert 1 month ago

Matthew i think that it is cool the way you give examples of dominant and counter narratives

3. Latrell 2 months ago

Matthew I like how you did your shadow box because of the pictures I feel like they stand out.