My shadow box represents my dominant narratives(outside of the box) and my counter narratives(inside of box. The reason I chose what I chose on the outside was because I think that the majority of people that look at me think that I smoke weed religiously or that I’m part of a gang because of the way I dress or look. The inside of my box represents my race and my ethnicity because of the flags inside, those hold importance in my life because without them I prolly would have no idea of who I am. Some assigned identities that have a lot of importance to me is being a male because I would be really confused of what I am and would not have known what my gender sure I can show my gender identity in different ways but I wouldn’t know what being a male is like or what being a woman is like. This box is meant to show you what society thinks of me to try and bring me down and what I think of myself to counteract how I actually am.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Matthew Shadow Box by Matthew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.