This is my shadow box. My shadow box is showing the difference between my counter and dominant narratives. A dominant narrative is a part of my story told by oppressors with power and privilege. This box is also representing my chosen and assigned identities. Every object in my box is showing a bit about who I am. The outside of my box is showing different stereotypes that people have towards me based on my gender, race and ethnicity. The inside is representing my counter narratives. On the outside of my box I have the Mexican flag. Although I am not Mexican, I have it there because since I am Latina people think I am Mexican. On the inside I have the Salvadorian flag representing my true ethnicity.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Marleni Regalado – Shadow Box by Marleni is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kenya 5 days ago

Dear Marleni,
    I am very happy for you because your box came out very beautiful and detailed! Your box really stood out to me because its very colorful and its shows so much about you. For example the Salvadorian Flag that clearly shows a part of your culture and it extremely beautiful. Good Job on you shadow box!
    Thank you!
    Kenya Sanchez