This is my shadow box. My shadow box is showing the difference between my counter and dominant narratives. A dominant narrative is a part of my story told by oppressors with power and privilege. This box is also representing my chosen and assigned identities. Every object in my box is showing a bit about who I am. The outside of my box is showing different stereotypes that people have towards me based on my gender, race and ethnicity. The inside is representing my counter narratives. On the outside of my box I have the Mexican flag. Although I am not Mexican, I have it there because since I am Latina people think I am Mexican. On the inside I have the Salvadorian flag representing my true ethnicity.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Marleni Regalado – Shadow Box by Marleni is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Destinee Garcia 3 months ago

Hello Marleni,
    Your shadow box really stood out to me because it really represents you through the beautiful details you provided such as in color and pictures. Each of the items and pictures you presented in this box really shows aspects of your culture which is so beautiful. Overall, I really enjoyed reading and seeing how you incorporated your story into this box.

Thank you,
    Destinee Garcia

2. Miguel 9 months ago

Dear,

Marleni I really like how you added lots of detail and I like everything about it. I see that you added la rosa de guadalupe and I like that.

Miguel Pablo

3. Kenya 9 months ago

Dear Marleni,
    I am very happy for you because your box came out very beautiful and detailed! Your box really stood out to me because its very colorful and its shows so much about you. For example the Salvadorian Flag that clearly shows a part of your culture and it extremely beautiful. Good Job on you shadow box!
    Thank you!
    Kenya Sanchez