Shadow Box

By: Anahi Alvarez

`

In my shadow box I have included 10 items that represent me. This box inside of my box is showing my counter narrative which is my identity and what is true about me. First of all, I made my inside of my box white because I want a neutral color. Next I add an image of my mother I decided to add an image because she is very important to me and represent a very big part of my life. My mom represent a big part of my life because she taught me many things and she a very hardworking woman. My second item was an image of me and my grandpa I decided to add this because my grandpa passed away about a year and a half ago and he was a very important person to me he was basically my second dad and I was just want to add him into my box because he will always be a part of me and I will always love him. My third item was a string of beads that basically represent the Mexican flag. I add the beads because I am Latina and I want want to represent my culture and my family’s. My fourth item was paper flowers I add those because I really find flowers interesting so I decided to add some paper flower ones. My fifth and six one were images of my brother and I and one of my newborn image I add this because my brother is one of the many person I tell everything to so I just want to show us when we were young. My seventh item is a image I chose to add this because it basically saying women are strong. I add this because society has a dominant narratives about how women aren’t strong or that we should be taken care of by man an by me adding this image I’m showing them that I have a counter narrative about what society say I chose to believe that we can be strong with or without a man.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Anahi´s Shadow Box by Anahi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.