,

The legalization of marijuana benefits the economy vastly, leads to less use by teenagers, reduces DUIs and traffic deaths, makes marijuana regulated, and reduces crime overall. According to https://marijuana.procon.org/, there are also other benefits, such as driving away drug cartels and gangs. However, there are also many downsides to it, such as the increase in consumption leading to an overall decrease in work ethic and motivation.

There are also plenty of medicinal benefits to legal marijuana. For example, busnessinsider.com claims that it can contribute to reducing chronic pains. It also may increase lung capacity, studies show. In addition, it’s been known to help control epileptic seizures, as well as other long-lasting diseases and medical issues.

In the end, there are clearly plenty of positive benefits of legalizing marijuana. Both sources claimed that these benefits critically outweigh the negative aspects of decriminalization, and have gone as far as to financially support other pro-Marijuana groups.  This kind of contribution to the community has inspired a slew of individuals to join the fight and vote to legalize marijuana.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Consequences of Legalizing Marijuana by Jacob is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Matthew 8 months ago

I thought by the title that you were going to just say that Marijuana is bad and not really add anything to the conversation. However, I really liked what you did. Try this website https://www.vox.com/cards/marijuana-legalization/what-is-medical-marijuana as I found it very interesting.