Our planet is becoming more and more polluted by the day, as we continue to ignore this problem and use products that are harmful for the environment we adding to the destruction of our planet. In order to protect our environment we must take action to stop polluting it. From the research I have done on this topic I have found that by acknowledging the problem and creating an organized way to handle it along with using more eco-friendly technology we will be able to accomplish this.

From the article Waste Reduction Model (WARM), I learned about a new model called WARM that will help waste planners and organizations track different greenhouse gas emission reductions. With this new model we will be able to recognize where we are emitting the most greenhouse gases, and along with that we will be able to reduce emissions where it is needed. This will allow us to be more organized and in control of our emissions. In addition to emissions we can also work to reduce our solid waste. For example according to oceanconservancy.org,  our plastic straw waste poses a severe threat to animals who consume them,  oceanconservancy.org says,  “If 25,000 people pledge to skip the straw we could save 5,000,000 straws—and prevent a lot of them from entering the ocean and possibly harming wildlife”. Another major way to help our environment is by using more eco-friendly vehicles. In an article from epa.gov about electric cars I learned that the emissions from electric vehicles are generally less than gasoline vehicles. By using an electric car we can help decrease the inversions in our cities and get cleaner air to the wildlife and the citizens of these cities.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Saving our Planet by Alexis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Noah 2 months ago

Alexis I agree that we need to stop ignoring the problem, and start protecting our environment. I think the gas reduction idea would be great to try and make useful because polluting the air with gases is one of the bigger problems for the atmosphere. Electric cars would be great I think it would be a long process to get these around and then you’d need charging stations and stuff for people who are driving far. Also electric cars are really expensive and they would have to bring those prices down if people wanted to drive those which might be difficult, but I think if possible for everyone electric cars would be great.