If prostitution was to be legal, would it be necessary for there to be regulatory health checks?

Prostitution would be necessary because it is going to happen regardless whether it is done in a legal or illegal manner. So it is best that it is done in a safe way where the spread of diseases can be limited, studies show that over 99 percent of females who are in the sex industry get an STD. Many careers require some form of health checks regardless, it is in the best interest for the individuals. Not only would the health check ups play a crucial part in people being safe from the spreading of diseases and so on, but it would also play an educational role, which is just as important. When someone is able to learn the negative effects of what happens when you are not protected when having sex, you are more willing to use condoms (even in scenarios where prostitutes are offered more money to have sex unprotected because you are educated and know the repercussions and what permanent damage that can be caused.) Prostitutes who are unwilling to do these regular check ups would not be able to be “licensed”

CC BY-SA 4.0 Legalization of Prostitution Regarding Health Checks by Emmanuela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.