Abortion is a controversial topic that humans and mothers have been fighting for years. Pro-choice people think that choosing abortion is  women’s right that should not be limited by governmental or any religious authority. They say that pregnant women will resort to unsafe illegal abortions if there is no legal option. Their opponent pro-life, believe that the individual human life begins at the fetus or when the sperm meets the egg, and that makes abortion killing innocent human beings. They say abortion causes suffering on the unborn baby and the mother. They also say that it is unfair to allow abortion when couples who cannot biologically conceive are waiting to adopt a child. Should women have the right to decide for their own bodies or does the government control women’s bodies too?

Pro-Life believes in supporting the right to life of the unborn child and therefore against abortion. Abortion kills and murders innocent children of God. Killing a helpless baby is wrong they say and even if a human being has not been born yet it is still considered murder. Unborn babies to America’s government are still considered human beings. The federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act, was created “to protect unborn children from assault and murder from their unstable mothers”.

On the mother’s side, the pro-choice group states that  it’s characterized by the idea that abortion is a pregnant woman’s right to make the decision if they want to keep the baby or if they think it’s  appropriate and necessary to rid of the baby. The abortion case that changed the law of abortion is the Roe v. Wade case in 1973. This case stated that the US Constitution gives “a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy” and that “This right of privacy encompass a woman’s decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy.” Over all the choice over when and with whom to have children is a woman’s independence and decision to determine her future and the baby’s.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Abortion: Who’s choice is it? by Madison is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ruth 3 months ago

i like how you wrote “Should women have the right to decide for their own bodies or does the government control women’s bodies too?” and i would like to know what side you’re on.

2. Julissa 10 months ago

Good point Madison. Seeing the points you brought are valid and make a point. I like what you said here,” the individual human life begins at the fetus or when the sperm meets the egg, and that makes abortion killing innocent human beings.” I know from my beliefs and views that life truly does begin at the fetus or when the sperm meets the egg. Although many do not believe that this is not true, but we have to look and see that everyone, whether they are out of the womb or not have a right to live, whether the mother wants them or not. I found this article that explains and looks into the history of abortion and how it has come a long way(https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1997/05/abortion-in-american-history/376851/) I enjoyed reading this and replying. I hope we can talk about this some more.