Over the past few decades, we have had a huge change in our lives. Smart phones have made our lives somersault. When we wake up in the morning, we probably check our phone to see if someone sent a message. When we have some free time, we may open instagram and check if there is anything new. Even if we have some important things to do, we still cannot stop playing with our phones. I also heard that someone checked his phone and did not notice a car driving towards him. He experienced a car accident. Is a smart phone beneficial for you?

All the APPs are designed to get your attention so that you spend more time on them. That is how the APP designers make money. Apparently, they did a good job. You love those applications and you spend plenty of time on them. They are stealing your time. Moreover, smart phone APPs drive young women to chase the filter look: In the 2017 Annual American Academy of Facial Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery survey, 55 percent of plastic surgeons stated that patients requested surgery “to improve their appearance in selfies” (https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/people-are-apparently-getting-plastic-surgery-to-look-more-like-snapchat-filters/ar-BBLsqA9). People are paying more attention to their appearance and undergo plastic surgery. I am not against plastic surgery, but it may have a cost. No matter how professional the doctor is, it still possible that the doctor has made some serious mistakes. There are bad consequences like blindness. Today’s young people depend on someone else to define their value. They base their self worth on the number of likes they receive on social media platforms such as facebook. One of the most important things in our lives is to be that kind of person you want to be. Take other people’s negative comments with a grain of salt. It is vital to follow your heart.

It is hard to say that we had a good couple of decades or a bad couple of decades. On one side of the debate, there is no doubt that smart phones make our lives more convenient. On the other side of the debate, smart phones dominate us and we cannot live without them.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Are You Using Your Phone or Is Your Phone Using You? by Li is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.