72% of the earth is covered by water. It would seem that there is plenty of drinking water. But, the truth is drinking water is less than 0.007% of the total water supply on the earth. The increase in pollution and population make drinking water more valuable.

In some African countries, a lot of people do not have enough clean water. In Cape Town ( a city in south Africa), inhabitants have already been limited to just 13 gallons of water per day per person. Compare that to the average American who uses more than 100 gallons of water per day. The shortage of drinking water influences the quality of the citizens’ daily lives. Water is increasingly important these days; the water shortage is one of the main threats to developing countries.

However, we seem not to care about the shortage of drinking water. Some industries still dump sewage into the river. I remember that when I was a kid, we used water from Songhua river as drinking water. Now, we stop using water from that river and we changed to use water from another river. The water in Songhua river cannot be used as drinking water; it is too dirty. The loss of sources of drinking water is happening around us.
The world’s problem, whether it is energy insufficiency or pollution, arises from the abusive behavior of all individuals. The solution is the development of collective consciousness. What is meant by this is that each individual must be aware of the impact he or she has on the world and try their best to protect the drinking water. When we protect the drinking water, we are protecting ourselves. Disease can transfer by water, like non-hepatitis A and B. In some areas, the chemical substance in the water leads to the increase of cancer rates.

If we do not protect water, the possibility of water wars in the future may be like the oil wars today, and the price of drinking water will become as expensive as gold.

“https://www.cbsnews.com/video/cape-town-water-crisis-forces-cops-to-target-new-breed-of-criminals/” id=”cbsNewsVideo” frameborder=”0″ width=”620″ height=”349″></iframe>
www.zysj.com.cn

Photo by Joe Dyer

CC BY-SA 4.0 24th-Century’s Gold: Drinking Water by Li is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.