,

Point of View Writing

Yes the people are beautiful like the color white paper

but some people  smell like they don’t take  showers

but the platform is up high, and

The air is  fresh and  it make me feels good as  I am standing there.

The inside of the subway has the bird poop.

Outside the subway had the fresh air

CC BY-SA 4.0 Megan’s My Beautiful Neighborhood by Megan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Farah 1 month ago

Dear Megan :

I am amazed with the ways in which you described a real experience many New Yorkers experience. “Megan’s My Beautiful Neighborhood spoke to me because I have had multiple experiences like the one you described. Also I enjoyed your wording and the realism you showed me. The line you wrote that stands out to me was “The air is fresh and it make me feels good as I am standing there”. This line reminds me to be grateful for the MTA. I think is important because even though it may be bothersome at times, it makes me remember how much the MTA assists me in going to school despite all of the issues.

Another sentence that I connected to was “The inside of the subway has the bird poop”. This made me chuckle because of the true presence of this in the MTA. This reminds me of the time that I took the train to school in the morning and there were so many pigeons flocked around. They were chirping so loud, and it was still morning! I was very tired, but I still had a great love for the MTA system.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you really have a way with words. I felt that it was so coincidental that we both have an interest in the MTA. I would appreciate it if you could possibly take some time and possibly check out my blog on the MTA!

https://teensforthemta.wordpress.com/

We also have an instagram account: @teensforthemta
    Thank you so much for your writing and I hope you check it out!

2. Keeba 2 months ago

Dear Megan,I like the way you use imagery to give me a clear whiff of how the subway near you live. Its funny how you told the truth put still was able to capture the feeling. Judging by the smells you described im sure you hate it, as do I. I liked in line 3 when you said ” the platform is too high” do you have any suggestions for MTA? Possibly to make it shorter and safer ?