What’s your favorite word?

I’ve never really thought about this question but I guess “Dope” is my favorite word. A lot of people don’t even know what it is when I say it but that’s understandable because it has a lot of meanings. Its a slang word and i’m not even sure if it qualifies as a real word in the english dictionary but nevertheless, I like it for multiple reasons. It’s simple but complex because of its multiple meanings, looks good on paper, and sound smooth when you say it. I probably don’t even know the full meaning of dope but I think I know a lot about it.

The word for the most part means a type of drug like marijuana and is just a slang term for it. The second most known meaning to dope has a similar meaning to the word “cool” but it’s just a bit more ghetto. I personally don’t use it that much but when I do im very pleased in a way? It’s the type of word that I use when I hear good news or want to be cool referring marijuana. Of course I’ll only use it around people i’m cool with and never in a professional environment but it always pops into my head as a substitute for “ok”.

The word is literally dope if you know what I mean. Its visually stimulating in terms of its letter format having two vowels, four characters, and letters that dip below and over letters normal elevation (The long parts of the lowercase letters “d” and “p”. Their end points are as far as possible from each other.) Plus its Homer Simpson’s catchphrase which is one of my favorite cartoon characters.

1. Dewry 3 months ago

Dear Bladimiro:
    I am amazed by your post “I love Dope” because it is one of the words that people can use when somebody says a story and then after the story ends you say Dope story bro. And also dope is when you hear a song and you say that shxt dope bro.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: I like it for multiple reasons. It’s simple but complex because of its multiple meanings, looks good on paper, and sounds smooth when you say it. I think this is exciting because you are telling these people the meaning of the word before they start doing something bad.
    Another sentence that I like was: It’s the type of word that I use when I hear good news or want to be cool referring marijuana.. This stood out for me because…in reality the word is a cool word to say when you are talking to your friends
    Have you seen this store in Los Angeles DOPE? I thought you might be interested in this because of…because is a cool store.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because…I like what you write and I want to see more of this.

2. Dawry 3 months ago

Dear Bladimiro:
    I am amazed by your post, “I love Dope,” because…is one of the words that people can use when somebody says a story and then after the story ends you say dope story bro. And also dope is when you hear a song and then you say that shxt dope bro.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: when you said “A lot of people don’t even know what it is when I say it but that’s understandable because it has a lot of meanings.” And also some people sometimes don’t take it as a joke, I think this is exciting because you are telling these people the meaning of a word before they started using this word for something bad.
    Another sentence that I like was “ It’s the type of word that I use when I hear good news or want to be cool referring marijuana. This stood out for me because in reality that’s what people say when they hear good news or something that happens.
    Have you seen this slang definition of the word dope? See the Slang Dictionary. I thought you might be interested in this because you can find more information about your word.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I really like what you did here.