I often wonder to myself , if I did not come to the United States, what would have happened to me? Would everything be easier or more difficult? I came to the United States for my family and for a better future. The positive thing in my country is that there is a good atmosphere, culture, parties, food, and warm friendly people.The negative is that your objectives towards the future can’t be met quickly. The reasons why I would have stayed in my native country is for  my family and because I was more accustomed to the environment. The reasons why I left my native country was to be with my dad and to progress in my life. The education I’m getting in the United States is better than the education I would be receiving in the DR. My experience in the United States has been that you have to face challenges and overcome the obstacles in order to fulfill your goals in the future.

I still wonder about my future. Will I return to the DR after I’ve completed my studies in the United States? Will I adjust to the United States and end up staying here? Will my other family members come to the United States in the future? Will attending college in the United States make me want to stay in the US or return home? I wonder if my family will return to the DR without me, while I am studying. These are some things that only the future can tell me. One quote stands out to me come from Sandra Rodriguez Barron. She writes Always remember that with privilege comes responsibility. You must go to Casa Azul and see the place you came from. Only then will you be able to understand how far you’ve come.”

CC BY-SA 4.0 Here, There and Everywhere by Nayelin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eliezer 4 months ago

Dear: Nayelin

I am Surprised about your post “Here, There Everywhere” because are you asking “what would have happened if I had never come to the US?”

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The reasons why I would have stayed in my native country for my family and because I was more accustomed to the environment” i think this is like because I would have stayed in my country for the people I know and because I’m used to the climate of my country, but sometimes I think of my country and I prefer to stay and live in the US.

Another sentence that I like was “ My experience in the United States has been that you have to face challenges and overcome the obstacle in order to fulfill your goals in the future.” This stood out for me because to talk about the challenges that one has to face when he arrives in this country, as he used to the other language and the country.

Your post remind me of something that happened to me one time.what I’m going through in this country when I came to this country I also had to get used to a new language and to the country and I’m still doing it.

Thank for your writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because. I liked how you wrote your post and if I would like to read another you, because I like how you write everything.