I am from my native country  the Dominican Republic, the United States, the  Bronx.

I am from Jose (my father) Awilda (my mother), Joseph, and Emmanuel (my brothers )

I am from celebrating at Christmas, Thanksgiving, the day of kings, Mother and Father’s Days

I am from hard workers

I am from eating good everything, like fried chicken tostones, fried potatoes, and  pica pollo etc

I am from liking to chill with my friends, being with those I love, sleeping , eating, and texting.

I am from “make an effort or you won’t achieve anything

I am from progressing in English and a future as a forensic doctor.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Life by Nayelin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Crismeylin 1 month ago

Dear Nayelin
    I am amazed by your poem, “Nayelin’s Where I’ From,” because in this poem you make me remember of my country, I am Dominican too and I love pica pollo ufff they delicious. I can also see that you love your family and like to spend time with them.

Your poem make me reminds me about my family in Dominican Republic that they get together on Diciembre “Noche Buena” with the whole table completed of different time of food. You Dominican You should know what I am talking about. But you make me remind all of that on my country and my family.

Thanks for your writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I know what you like and I found out that we have a lot in common and I really like that, and also it seems like you put a lot of effort in your poem.

2. Tania 5 months ago

Dear Nayelin:

I am amazed by your poem, “Nayelin’s Where I’ From,” because in this poem you let us know you more by the type of food you like to eat and the holidays you like to celebrate.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is : “I am from hard workers,” I think this is very delightful because you are making clear that your family, I think mostly your parents, work very hard to achieve their goals and I’m supposing you will be as successful as your parents might want you to be.

Another sentence that I loved was: “I am from liking to chill with my friends, being with those I love, sleeping , eating, and texting..” This stood out for me because this tells a lot about yourself, I can also relate because I like doing the same thing and I think most teens can relate too, but what I really liked when you said that you liked spending time with those you love because this tells a lot about your personality such as you are super close to your family.

Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me.One time I went to a restaurant with my family, when I had to ask for Ecuadorian food and by just looking at the menu I just felt like I wanted to eat everything but I chose the food that mostly liked,after we finished eating I felt that I was super lucky to be with them and enjoy things with them so I felt super close to my family.

Thanks for your writing.