Are humans really dealing with their past mistakes?

This question is very appealing to me because humanity is always an interesting topic to discover, for how easy it can break and how easy it can be forgotten. Humans are not really dealing with their mistakes. For example, U.S didn’t face the fact of lynchings Black Americans that happened in the past, and it wasn’t really written in the history book. But there’s never a worst in war crime. During WWII, Japanese Army created what they called “comfort women”, by kidnapped women in place there army reach. The girls that been kidnapped are be force to had sex with 10 to 100 solders per day, with poor chance to survive after the war.

I researched my topic online and found an article on New York Times. By reading this article I learn more information about comfort women, and find out the remaining victim had never received a proper apology from Japanese government. All the remaining victim are still live in a nightmare that never ends. And most of them are not being understand-ed and protected by society even they been hurt so deeply. In New York Times website, “But Mr. Abe’s wording hewed close to an official declaration from 1993, which some comfort women had found lacking in sincerity. To some, Mr. Abe also later seemed to backtrack from his own statement when he told the Diet that the 2015 deal did not require Japan to issue letters of apology to South Korean comfort women. The deal itself, which was problematic from the start, became even more so” (New York Times website). In another words, Japan government start with a bad apology, and in year 2015 even stop their apology. The nightmare in their dream, a ugly scare in their life. How shameful a human can be to describe a comfort women to a prostitute? From all this, I see nothing about deal with mistake, I see another mistake build over another mistake. Maybe this is a sensitive topic to research, but they should be remember and live under justice.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mistakes Over A Mistake by Huiwen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mame 3 months ago

dear Huiwen Li,
    I am amazed about your post, Mistakes Over A Mistake, because it makes the reader realize all the wrong they may have done, it is so thoughtful to write about that cruelty caused by a human to his likeness. i think you show how inhuman it can be. and introduced us to the relief an apology can bring.
    one sentence you wrote that really stood out for me is “This question is very appealing to me because humanity is always an interesting topic to discover, for how easy it can break and how easy it can be forgotten.” this is so considerate and so true, despite the fact that it shows how ignorant some people can be. mistakes are easily made and people don’t even realize how hurt you can be .
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you express your thoughts clearly and reveal the facts hidden.

2. Megan 3 months ago

Thanks smiley, I like you wrote by this sentence ”From all this, I see nothing about deal with mistake, I see another mistake build over another mistake. Maybe this is a sensitive topic to research, but they should be remember and live under justice.” it’s right because another mistake will come it up, and mistakes should be fix.