My name is Jai and I was born in India… I am 16 years old.  I have lived in Bronx. In Bronx river high school, I like to do Math , and when I am out of school, I like to play with my friends.  I am particularly good at Cricket. I became good at this because it’s my favorite game me and my friends we are mostly played this game.  In the future, I would like to fly Airplanes … I dream of to become a Pilot.

I immigrated to New York 7 months  ago. My life changed in many ways I got new friends new culture that’s totally new for me when I immigrated in New York. The change I’m happiest about is over here in New York they have better facilities then India, because their are not that well. Now I speak English and I’m very happy because I’m speak English. which is my dream that one day i’ll be speak English..

There was a time in my life when I witnessed justice happen.. When I was 15 years old. I saw a thief robbing someone’s home. The neighbor saw him when he was stealing and he started screaming. After that all the people came. First they beat him up,  after that they called the cops. Finally the thief was arrested. In my opinion, this was fair because if he was allow to go he might do it again. If he had gotten away he may have taken important documents and could have made it really hard for people financially.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 From Haryana to the Bronx by Jai is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.