My name is Tania  Gutama and I was born in Cuenca, Ecuador.  I am 15 years old.I have lived in Ecuador for 9 years. In school, I like to hang out with my friends after every period and also go to classes I enjoy every class I have even though I might not quite understand or not have the best grade in a class I enjoy it anyway , and when I am out of school, I like to play video games,help clean my house, cook and FaceTime my friends or family.

I am particularly good at volleyball, I became good at this because I used to play a lot with my cousins. In the future, I would like to become a pediatrician, I dream of having a college degree and working as a pediatrician.

I immigrated to New York 4 and a half years ago.  My life changed in many ways when I immigrated.  The change I’m happiest about is getting to know most of my family members I didn’t know because they all lived in the United States and I lived in another country. On the other hand, I am sad that I don’t have some of my friends and family with me.  Now I speak English and Spanish, which is  awesome to know two different languages and be able to say I’m bilingual .

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice.  This was the time when I transferred school because my mom wanted me to go to a different school that I didn’t want to go. In my opinion, this was unjust because I wanted to stay in the middle school I was already in but she decided to do it without my agreement.

CC BY-SA 4.0 A brief story of my life by Tania is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.