I am from the United states, from  NEW YORK in a city called the Bronx.

I am from Willy, and  Wivine

from the Democratic Republic of Congo, from   MBUJI MAYI.

I am from Strict Daniel and Funny Kethia

I am from the crazy people at Christmas time, new clothes, special foods, from people who share in celebration together.

I am from avoiding Halloween, the day of the witches, ghosts, and evil

I am from the spirit of the kangaroo, a family where parents care for and protect their children, guide us in our education, and provide us opportunities.

I am from du riz, arico et poisson, from pondu and fufu.

I am from not liking cheese and other American things, from only eating things from my country.

I am from dancing to afro beats, the rhythmic movement of hip-hop. I am from the music of Bad Bunny, Cardi B and Nicky Minaj.

I am from “Not allowing others to define who I am.” From “do what is best for you?

I am from a future as an ambassador.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Who I Am and Where I’m From by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jai 3 months ago

Dear Esther Mongani
    I am happy to read your poem, “Who I Am and Where I’m From”, because I like to know other people and their culture. That’s help me to know new things and make new friends.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ I am from avoiding Halloween, the day of the witches, ghosts, and evil” I think this is Interesting because it’s new for me. I avoid Halloween too because we don’t celebrate in our country nobody know what’s halloween. Another sentence that I good was “ I am from not liking cheese and other American things, from only eating things from my country.” This stood for me because most of America’s food I don’t like. Because before I was veg and it’s hard to eat Non-veg.
    Your Poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I went to Mexico so I didn’t know about their culture that time so hard for me. Then I thought I need to learned little beat about every country so if I meet foreigner or I’ll be visit other country that will be help me.
    Thanks for your writing.
    I look forward to seeing what you write next, because It’s so interesting and I learned new things. I like your thoughts and how you wrote. It’s good to write about yourself and your culture so other people will know.