I’m from Spain , the country I left  when I was 9 years old. I am a New Yorker now.

I am from Jennifer, Wesner ,Daniel, Camila and Marcela.

I am from the happy, funny, and playful people in my home.  

I am from the red and white Christmas, the black and orange Halloween, the fireworks of on the 4 of July, the water balloons of Carnaval. I am from año nuevo, and I am from the love and friendship of Valentines Day.

I am from arroz con pollo, paella (a food from my native country), ceviche or encebollado of fish

I am from Netflix series or movies (especially terror movies). Ii am from soccer and swimming (although I don’t play so much)

I am from “don’t fight like dogs and cats” and “You have to give to get.”

I am from my dream to go to college, pass all my classes and get my degree. I am from my dream to become a doctor.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Arancha’s Where I’m from by Arancha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tania 1 month ago

Dear Arancha:

I am amazed by your poem, “Arancha’s Where I’ From,” because in this poem you express the type of holidays you like to celebrate and enjoy them, you also tell us about the type of food you like ,the hobbies you have , but not only what you like instead you also write about what you were told not to do.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is : “ I am from the red and white Christmas,” I think this is very delightful because you describe Christmas as a beautiful holiday full of love and joy celebrated with the ones you love.

Another sentence that I loved was: “I am from my dream to go to college, pass all my classes and get my degree.I am from my dream to become a doctor.” This stood out for me because this tells a lot about yourself like you are always positive and it seems like you would become such a successful person by the way you look up to things and your goals.

Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me.One time me and my mom decided to leave our country when I was also 9 years old I didn’t like the idea of leaving some family members and friends, but we had to leave the country because we had some personal problems with one of my mom’s family member, when we arrived in this country I turned 10 we were reunited with our family we started celebrating holidays together but it didn’t feel the same, the food was different and we realized that in this country there are more opportunities than in my native country, now I look up to graduating high school and getting a degree on college to become a doctor and make my mom really proud.

Thanks for your writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I know the type of content it will have and I’m pretty sure I will like all of them because your poems feel honest and tells a lot about your personality.