My name is Katherine and I was born in Ecuador. I am 14 years old. I have lived in Ecuador 9 years In school I like to talk with my friends, and when I am out of school I like to go to the park. I am particularly good at driving a bike. I became good at this because my father buy me a bike and he help me to drive. In the future, I would like to be a doctor because when I was little I always play to be a doctor.

I immigrated to New York 4 years ago. My life changed in many ways when I immigrated. The change I’m happiest about is that I am with my father, because i didn’t see him for 10 years. On the other hand, I am sad that I don’t have my whole family with me, i miss so much to my grandmother. Now I speak English and Spanish, which is my first language, and it is very good because i can communicated with many people that speak English.

There was a time in my life when i experienced injustice. This was a time when i was coming to this country with my mother to see my father. The injustice was that the government of this country separated me from my mother for 2 days, and i don’t know why. After that i was with my mother in this country and it was the first time that I see my father. In my opinion, this was unjust because they can not separate me from my mother, not even two days. But I can say that in this country I have more opportunities than in my country because here you get more money because here is more jobs and you can learn more things like a new language.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Life by Katherine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.